Thursday, April 15, 2010

me = pig!!

Yeah, like the title suggests..I'm really a pig. I'm supposed to wake up at 6 plus today. Prepare, and head off for lecture. But I overslept till 12 noon! Sleep at 5am? No excuse. Slept for 2 hours the previous day? No excuse either. The 2nd time I overslept since I came here. The first time was because of my laziness, I kept snoozing my alarm clock. This time round, I didn't even snooze my alarm clock at all! I just slept through the annoying noise of alarm clock. Nice one, JJ..really nice..
So, from tonight onwards, I'm going to have 3 alarms to make sure this won't happen again. An alarm clock, an alarm from handphone & an alarm from ipod touch. If this doesn't help...I really don't know what will help? Maybe someone crying out "Fire! Fire!" might help. =(

My post stops here. There's nothing interesting below. Till next post...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _




Ever wondered if you have worked so hard for something and when you get it, you didn't want it THAT badly and start to regret. I can't remember when I heard this before or where exactly did I see this from. This made me give it some thoughts. And I find it pretty true. Let me state an example. I'm not sure if this is a good example to give. For example, you've known a girl. And you think you really like her alot. Then put in a lot of effort to try to know her, woo her and in the end, got together. But once you two are together. You realised you like her but not exactly in the form that you long for her to be your girlfriend, you just feel comfortable with her around, that's about it. And by then, it's already a few years into the relationship and starts to regret. What will you do? Tough situation isn't it?

Ah..! Thought of another scenario. Say you aren't a very academic inclined student. Then you went to a open house by a university. From there, you've gained interest on a particular course. And to get in, you need good grades. So, you mug & mug and you've managed to get the grades necessary to get in. And you've got in! And so, you started studying that course and in the last year, you've realised this isn't what you want, how? Finish it & continue to work in the industry related to the course? You could be unhappy in the job. Finish it & work in another industry? If that's the case, what's the point of studying hard to do the course & work in somewhere irrelevant. But, that should be the better choice though.

My point is, sometimes you work real hard to get something you think you really want. But is that the thing you really want? Will you be really happy when you've achieved it? Will you regret that you've spent so much effort & you aren't that happy when you have it? I would say, follow your heart. Whatever it is, it's most important to be happy. So what if you are drawing huge salary, holding a high position in your company's hierachy with nice car & nice house but you've missed out on involvement in your family & gatherings with buddies because of work commitment. These are things where u can't buy with $$, would you be happy, even with lots of $$ with you?

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it. But then again, you will only know if you are happy with anything unless you've worked hard for it and put in effort to achieve it. Without trying, you wouldn't know. Hah. I just contradict myself, isn't it?

Hope no one reads till this sentence and hear my ranting.

No comments: