Thursday, June 3, 2010

today..

it's been a while since I've wrote something. Missed you, blog! Haha..This week has been a pretty good week. I feel my luck is on a high. Very high indeed. First, it happens with the academic matters. My first report written in over 2 years plus was a 2.95 out of 5. Wasn't good at all. And this week, I got back my 2nd one. It was a 4.35 out of 5. Whoa! This wasn't anywhere near my expectations. I had lost all confidence in that module as I feel I couldn't achieve the results I want. This was the 1st of 2 pleasant surprises.

The other pleasant surprise was with my bio practical worksheet. It's a well-known fact that I suck extremely at bio, it's to the point of being atrocious. The worksheet wasn't done well in my opinion at all. I expected a mark of less than 2 out of 7. Yes, 2 or less out of 7, that was my expected results. It was THAT bad. I wasn't feeling good for the past week. I fear going for the coming practical and seeing such results. I have enough of such results in poly year 1 in Science and Food Preparation, i think i got results like 0.5 out of 5 before. It sucks. I wasn't someone confident in the first place, getting such results only make it worse. Anyway, enough of the sidetrack, back to my bio practical worksheet, I got it back in the lab. I looked at my results, I looked at the name on the worksheet. It's mine! Absolutely shocking! In a pleasant way, actually. I got 5 out of 7. It wasn't well done but comparing the actual result and my expected one, it definitely came as a shock. No joke.

And also, the celebration today. It was a memorable one. I'm not those that like to have a birthday party. My only birthday party was when I was still a kid and it was a mini gathering with relatives. Since then, my birthday have been a meal with good friends and having singing session, bowling, or catching a movie. Something simple, BUT I'm more than contented with such activities. First and foremost, to have friends to remember my birthday is good enough for me. It don't have to be a spectacular day, simple things are enough to make me feel happy. Because I believe in having things simple and it would be the company of THE FRIENDS that makes the day special. I don't long for any special treatment or any special way to celebrate. I might give the impression that I don't like to celebrate my birthday but it's because I don't want my friends to make that effort to plan. Planning isn't easy.

And today, it was a day of the simple things happening together. A dinner at "Little Hong Kong" at Sunnybank. Followed by, having a chocolate cheesecake at Mount Coot-tha, our favourite place during my first weeks in Brisbane with my friends. And on the way back, we saw the moon being soooo close to us. It's like the moon don't look like it's high up there at the sky, it looks more like a hot-air balloon actually. Not to mention, the sky was clear and stars are brightly lit. And I got a meaningful birthday card as well. All these events are simple but when you know that your friends take the effort to get things going. It's just touching. So, thanks to wee kiong, linda, mickey, H, jie xin, xiang hong and jie xin's sis (jie ying)! It's memorable and it definitely holds a place in my heart along with my 17th birthday. Great friends, great memories. I can be able to write my emotions down but it would be rare to hear it coming from my mouth.

Noticed that I removed the birthday on my facebook profile? I purposely removed it. I'm just a nobody on this world, I don't need so many wishes. I'm more than contented with wishes from true friends.

No comments: