Wednesday, December 31, 2008

end of block leave, end of x'mas, end of 2008...soon

Dec 2008 is finally coming to an end. It's been a rather eventful past 2 weeks where I had block leave, went to zinc's bdae party, had a 'peaceful' x'mas. 

My block leave period was during the x'mas week where I used 3 days of leave in exchange of 4.5 days out of office (because of x'mas celebration and x'mas day).  

Talking about x'mas celebration in the office, I had a great time during the celebration on the eve of x'mas! Guess what! The guys at my branch went carolling around the whole unit. It's fun lah! Going around the unit, from branch to branch, then singing christmas carols as a whole. Well, I must say we're not really good at singing, I'm not good either, but we really tried our best to make the carols sound nice. And I think it was quite a success. So, to round the carolling session up, we went over to the mess where other unit's personnels are holding their mini-christmas party AND we sang them carols as well. It was really fun and memorable as it was my first try at singing carols. 

Went over to zinc's birthday party a couple of saturdays back. Met up with several of the poly mates. Felt really happy after a long while of not seeing each other and I realised everybody has grown matured. From there, I learnt that azuan's actually in bert's BMT company as a storeman. What a small world! 

Watched a few movies recently also. Basically, those more popular ones like Bolt (both the 2D and 3D versions), Ip Man, Yes Man and The Journey to the Centre of the Earth (3D). And also, Body of Lies and The Duchess. Hmm, actually, I watched the Journey...Earth (lazy to type the whole title lah, damn long!!) twice including the 3D version. I watched it again because firstly, I forgot that I watched the movie.Opps!! And secondly, it was x'mas eve, no plan for that day, so I decided to watch it with kit who was rather pissed with something that happened to him last night as a form of compensation. The 5 other movies were pretty good as well and my favourite 2 movies of the 5 are Ip Man and Yes Man. Ip Man's a nice action film with some light humour. And Yes Man's a movie that's quite a no-brainer, and it should be a film where u get to the theatre, have some snacks and laugh your ass off the lame and not-lame jokes from the movie. Not forgetting that it also promotes a good information which is to say YES in life. As in, to approach life positively. 

Last but not least, I went out with wai, lil and zinc on sunday to have a nice meal and some bowling and played arcade as well at marina square. 2nd time having meal at pasta de waraku, its nice, but somehow i wasn't in a good appetite to eat alot. Could be because I had alot of snacks while watching The Duchess. And the bowling session after that was quite screwed up. No thanks to the machines that the bowling alley is using. Nevertheless, I had my best score EVER in bowling. Felt so good! But I guess its just Lady Luck's riding on me bah. Went to tried this particular game, which  is something like a Street Fighters' tetris. Never played before, but it was nice. And I played one of my favourite game, Virtua Tennis. It's always so mental draining to play it, but I still can't clear the tournament stage again. 

Tomorrow's the last day of year 2008. Time flies. Here goes another year, and army's 60-70% for me le. This coming Jan 2009 sees my seniors ORD and the next batch will be mine!! HAHA!! Finally the time has come, and it's one which I will be greeting with mixed emotions. 

Anyway, tomorrow will be a day to be made memorable BUT I've got no idea what to do yet. Shall let the events just flow bah.  

No comments: