Tuesday, February 23, 2010

life in Brisbane..

This is the 3rd day since I've touched down to Brisbane. Its quite a nice city. A different environment. But these few days it's been full of ups & downs. But nevertheless, its an experience gained.

First unpleasant thing I got here was not being able to get to my room. Imagine being here alone, not knowing anyone. And arriving on Sunday 6am, with no one working in the apartment's office. How nice isn't it?

If it wasn't for a Singaporean uncle, I think I prolly have to sleep on the streets. Haha. Luckily he got me to know his son, who lend me his phone so I can call someone from the office for help. And that's the first friend I know here. And after knowing him, I got to know a Malaysian dude. And now at least I have a few friends.

But the downside of coming here is, it is stressful enough to know that most Singaporeans who come over here are mainly scholars. And I got here, through barely scraping through, i guess. And the standard of living is quite high, higher than I expected. If I think I'm placing too much burden on my parents financial after keeping my expenses to the minimal, I really have to look for other solutions.

And after going for the opening talks by my faculty & my course, it only gets worse. I think the Professor in charge of Food Technology & Food Science really is not flexible. He say he needs my ORIGINAL academic transcript to help me with the exemptions & advise me on the choosing of courses. But when I told him I got the photocopied version instead of the original one, he still insist on me getting him the original one. Well, why I'm pissed is, I didn't bring the original copy with me. I got a photocopied one. And I don't understand why he have to stand firm on his decision on such issue? Both are the same stuffs, and now I need to ask my parents to send the transcript over just to make him happy with the colour logo of TP. Purposely don't want to bring the original transcript in case I lose it, & now I still have to bring it over. Haha.

Anyway, feel like joining 2 societies. 1 being the Singapore Student Society, the other one is the society for my school. Hopefully I'll have time for studies, and hopefully I don't have to pay. =)

No comments: