Saturday, May 16, 2009

new nickname &...farewell...

Iceman! That's right! That's my new nickname given to me by friends in the unit. The theme for new nicks are based on superheroes. And I'm given this nick because of my lame jokes which are 'cold'.  Telling lame jokes is not something that I should be proud of, but I think Iceman's a pretty cool nick. Ok. Enough of that. Totally random. 

Anyway, today the office had a farewell & "All the best" mini-party for Mr Tan. Its actually better for him to be away and searching for a better job. But his leaving is a pretty hasty one. He's supposed to leave the unit 2 weeks from now but apparently he is required to do some stuffs and it ended up that today became the last day for him. Since he's away, i think my buffet treat is gone as well since he's my WITS leader & I think the $$ will be saved for other usage instead of having a feast outside. Somehow his resignation stimulate my brain cells to understand the different mentality that a worker can have. Yet another lesson on office politics learnt. He's someone worthy of looking up to. For this short stint in the unit, he was 'sabo' as my WITS leader, & he did a good job & earned himself an Outstanding Leader Award. How about that! Taking whichever thing that comes your way & give it a best shot. Anyway, all the best to whichever job you hold next time ya. =)

A question that is stuck in my head with a seemingly easy answer just seems so hard for me to get over it. Sometimes I just have the ability to confuse myself that I really end up finding myself to be a stranger. 
Is it really so hard for you to make the first move, JJ...

No comments: