Saturday, May 30, 2009

roundup of last weekend & this week

last saturday's sentosa was a pretty nice outing. Sea breeze, coupled with good weather with no sunlight suits me best. Learnt how to play touch rugby & had a good time out with the unit guys & yi san, a first meet-up with him after he ord. 

dragged my mum for company to some "Licensed to Play" fair last sunday. Well, i was hoping for some good offers for D5000! But i was made to feel disappointed as the price & the gifts given weren't any better than that at Harvey Norman's fair. 

I went to a presentation workshop for my WITS project on monday. Its a pretty good workshop with a good speaker who prepares herself well. Its a lecture cum role-play workshop. I was asked by my project mates to represent the team for role-play. Maybe i was shy, maybe i was nervous, i felt i didn't do a good job for the role-play. But nevertheless, i was given a morale boost by my unit buddy, kenny. Thanks, dude! Anyway, next up for the project will be a MINDEF Pride Day roadshow @ Toa Payoh Hub next week from 2-4th June. Gotta prepare myself well, n give it my best shot. Even though, its my project, due to the sensitivity of issues in the office, i myself, as a team member is not pretty sure of the whole project, except for playing a part in the write-up of report. To anyone reading this post, support my team at HDB Hub if you're free ya. 

The rest of the week turned out to be as typical as what my life has been for the past 1 year 8 months in the office. And, to round up the week, friday definitely has to be a climax to end it. And what better way to end it to draw blood!! Was pricked twice by the medic. I heard his conversation between himself & another medic, where he's saying the needle nearly broke. Phew! lucky he stopped! And drew blood from another hand, if not...the consequences should be worse. Anyway, i don't blame him la, he's afterall medic thanks to NS. So I can't be expecting him to be professional rite. But if it was me, i think i will be worse off bah. Ask me to look at blood drawing, still ok. But to look at the needle pricking into the skin, and drawing blood for patients all the time...that's definitely not going for me. 

Relationship can be vulnerable. It can take ages to build up one. And just take minimal effort to blew it. 

No comments: