Friday, June 5, 2009

older & wiser?

lets make it a quick one. this week has been a pleasant week. Managed to gain valuable experience while mending the group's booth at Mindef Pride Day. I get to meet public from all aspects of life. Apart from that, I get to train up on my presentation skills & confidence. Even though, my slot on thursday turned out to be a day of little crowds, I still get to earn some invalubale memories. Like for one instance, there's a little girl about 8-10 years old who wrote a post-on & asked me for a dollar. Shocked to see her doing it, I declined. Next up, I saw her at the food court while having my lunch. This time round, she has a $2 note and a few coins which I believed was achieved after she asked around. Round 3 with her occured a few hours after lunch. She asked me to bend over to her and she asked me a question. "Are you blind?", she asked. My mind went blank and my instant reply to her is "Huh?!" Upon hearing me, she laughed and ran off. DORTZ! What's with her? 

Apparently, I'm not the only person to have encounters with her. She disturbed one of the organisers as well as actor Nat Ho, who's there to perform. 

Another incident worth remembering is an encounter with this uncle. He caught my attention while he chatted on his phone. 'Coz he's walking around the exhibition and suddenly he stopped and leaned onto my booth and continue to chat until moments later, he left. He returned and I explained to him about my group's project - National Emergency Analysis application (NEA). After reading through the poster, he made some comments about a certain usage for the application. And he suggested the unit to comment to LTA for improvements in which our project can help as well as his opinions on certain issue. He happily supported his stand & all me & my ma'am did was to nod and smiled as he preached. This is exactly just like a role-play scenario during a presentation workshop which I attended! And here I am, with the ideal way to handle. Not giving any negative comments on what a visitor said, just go along with him not to make him angry or unhappy. 

To round things off for the day, I saw pei wen at the hub. I looking across the exhibition as I did for so many many times during the exhibition & the moment I saw her, my mind seemed to be sure that its her. However, she did not enter the exhibition, neither did I left my booth to approach her. Dunno why, but I'm quite happy to see her there. And I'm sure she seemed to have seen me there as well as she walked away.

This week is a transition period for me to turn from 21 year old to 22 year old. Thank all for remembering my birthday, and even to people from the unit as well. Really made me feel touched that most people send me their wishes. Even from my ma'am and sir. Definitely one moment to remember and made me think back at the days at the unit after I ORD in the near future.  

Seems like my promise for a short post turn out to be a long one again :p

No comments: