Monday, July 13, 2009

a weekend to remember..

It was a last minute plan to watch fireworks & go for the night festival on saturday. I was happy at the chance to play around with my camera. And to have a weekend meet-up with wai & lil.

We walked up the pedestrian bridge & arrived at Benjamin Sheares Bridge where we took pics while waiting for the fireworks. Time passed. And finally, the fireworks starts. And the sky starts to drizzle. The rain starts to pour as the fireworks scenes gets more spectacular. Several pictures were taken before the chance was gone. People were running down the Bridge, trying to get to the nearest shelter point. After the long wait for fireworks, it was at the last moment where the chance to view the fireworks was gone.

All 3 of us were drenched. With myself looking the most obvious one of all. And after taking shelter till the rain gets lighter, we ran to Millenia Walk. Once again, we got drenched. It was not a nice enocunter, running under a heavy downpour but its an experience to remember.

Next up, we planned to take train to Dhoby Ghaut for the night festival at National Museum. As we walked along City Link to the train station, we saw a long queue forming in front of us, in the direction to the train station. We took a detour & head to Suntec City bus stop. It was the start of our BIG walk. Oh! I saw Bert near Suntec City as well, I guess he was with his dragon-boat friends bah. Should have hit him harder sia, never reply my message for 1 whole day. Good lah!!

We ended up alighting at Bugis area due to a road closure for the night festival. Argh! Hence, we end up walking to National Musuem for the festival. We decided to look around at National Musuem since we need to wait for the concert to start. It ended up being the right choice 'coz the rain came again! And it was an eye-opener, looking around in the musuem. However, we didn't have time to tour the whole building but nevertheless it was great! Anyway, I saw si kai there and that guy ah, juz had to shout "Yo, Pak!!" so loud that all people on the escalator can hear him. I was sooo pai seh lah.

After the museum tour was the concert. I think if I were to be more 'artistic', I would have like the concert more. Last stop was a supper at Rochor Beancurd. AND we walked there as well. That's the end of our BIG walk though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to orchard alone today to head to Borders. I think its my first serious shopping in it. I needed to look for a guitar book mah. But i didn't end up getting the one, my teacher asked for. I spent like 2 hrs plus in there and during the time, I read some comics on National Service, it was quite hilarious.

Anyway, I'm looking for MJ's You're Not Alone. I heard this song before but it never come across my mind that its by MJ 'coz it doesn't sound like his type of song.

Two quotes I saw from TV Mobile:
1. If you want your dreams to come true, the first thing to do is to wake up.
2. Things are only impossible until they're not.

No comments: