Wednesday, September 2, 2009

a day to learn..

Learned 2 valuable lessons today at work. Firstly, today is the first time a wheelchair-bound security officer came for the pass making. He was allowed to cut queue and luckily no one was unhappy with the arrangements.

The partition needs to be moved and adjustments need to be done to accomodate him. The man was apologetic as he felt he caused us problems. But i assured him its not his fault. After his card is done, I learned something from him. Down but not Out. Lessons can be learned from his attitude towards life and this is also a lesson to learn how to deal with the less-fortunate ones.

Next. There's a super irritating customer today. The man was totally demanding about having us answering to his questions. And he made it look like he's smart and he's the type of customer that customer service personnels dread to face everday. Luckily, Kelly came to our rescue. I think our dealing with him wasn't up to standard. I tried my best to answer him but maybe I wasn't polite enough. See, my first step of shedding the nice guy image is working well.

This is a lesson learnt to being a good customer service personnel. And now I can fully understand that this is a job which has been overlooked. It's not that a simple job.


No comments: